- Getting started with webinar room
- Showing presentations
- Showing video files
- Viewing chat messages after the webinar
- Screen sharing
- Webinar recording
- List of attendees
- Blocking attendees after the webinar
- Buying extra seats at the webinar
- Additional information
Do you want to know how to hold a webinar? Interactive elements can be called one of the key webinar instruments. Due to them we can transfer, perceive and discuss information. At webinars, attendees can participate in discussions using their microphones, webcams or chat. Making your presentation more interesting, comprehensible and dynamic is easier with the help of demonstrating slides and videos. Due to these, webinars draw more interest, and their effectiveness increases.
Moderation plays an important role in a successful webinar as well. In this manual, we will tell you about these and some other key possibilities of hosting webinars at MyOwnConference, which will help presenters to hold their webinars at a high level.
Getting started with webinar room
If you are just starting using the webinar room, we would recommend you to notice the prompts that appear when you hover the cursor over certain controls inside the webinar room.
There several useful options in the webinar room’s top right menu:
System test checking your Internet connectivity speed. If you hold a video-enabled webinar, Internet connectivity speed shall be not less than 2 Mbit/s for presenters and 512 Kbit/s for attendees.
To start or stop speaking, press the Speak button.
In case you use Chrome as your web browser, it might require additional permissions for using webcam and sound. After confirming this, you will be on air and able to speak.
With the help of sliders, adjust the volume of your microphone and speakers.
Use the buttons with the icons of the webcam and the microphone in order to switch on/off and select, whether your webcam and microphone are switched on during the presentation.
You can take a break and temporarily block the webinar for all attendees.
Or activate fullscreen view.
In order to start presentation demonstration at the webinar, press the Documents button. After this select the Keynotes tab.
You can select the presentation from the previously uploaded files or upload a new document from your computer by pressing the Upload button. You can upload files in the following formats: PDF, PPT, PPTX, PPTSX, PPSX, ODP, PNG, JPG. The maximum size of the uploaded file shall not exceed 100 MB.
In case you decided to upload a new document, keep in mind that its processing may take some time, which depends on the file size.
When working with the presentation, you have access to the following actions:
- Upload presentation;
- Block presentation;
- Show presentation;
- Edit presentation;
- Share presentation;
- Copy presentation;
- Merge presentation;
- Download presentation to the computer;
- Delete the presentation.
To start a demonstration of a presentation in the room, press the show button (triangle) and select the slide you would like to start the presentation from or double-click the proper file. In this case, if the presentation is launched for the first time, the demonstration will start from the very first slide. If you have demonstrated this presentation earlier and interrupted the demonstration, e.g. for showing other materials, upon double-click the demonstration will start from the slide shown the latest.
After this, the presentation will open in the webinar room. You can manage it with the help of the buttons above the slide:
- Slide preview mode;
- First slide of presentation;
- Previous slide;
- Stop the demonstration;
- Next slide;
- Last slide;
- Tools for drawing on slides.
Showing video files
To start the demonstration of presentation at the webinar, press the Documents button in the webinar room. After that, select the Video audio tab. You can select the video or audio file from the previously uploaded files or upload a new file from your computer by pressing the Plus button. You can upload files of the following formats: MP3, MP4, F4V. The maximum size of uploaded files cannot exceed 300 MB. Files will be available for playing after uploading and conversion.
In case you would like to demonstrate a video from YouTube, you need to enter URL to the video.
To start the demonstration, you need to double click the file in the list or press the Play (triangle).
Other options available:
- The file can be blocked;
- The file can be downloaded to your computer;
- Link to the video on YouTube can be copied;
- The file can be deleted.
In the webinar room, you have video management panel available: scrollbar, pause button, button for stopping video demonstration mode, replay button.
Chat is a separate element of the webinar room where communication between presenters, moderators, and attendees of the webinar happens. This function allows attendees to communicate with one another and with presenters and not to interfere with the presenters broadcasting.
Chat can be used for gathering information, discussions, or team tasks.
You can set chat settings in the webinar settings panel.
Display public text chat: attendees can see and use the text chat.
Save short, uninformative messages (+/-, etc): allows for saving even the slightest messages to the chat history.
Deactivate media player in the text chat: switches off the possibility of playing audio/video files in text chat.
If this parameter is enabled, links to any media files will be shown only as links.
Otherwise, they will look like objects that can be played
Also, you have access to chat management in the webinar room.
With the help of the buttons to the left from the chat’s text field you can:
- Allow sending links to websites for all webinar attendees. They can send links via text chat, which will be visible to all webinar attendees. By default, links are prohibited in order not to distract other webinar attendees by links to third-party websites and ads.
- Block incoming messages for all webinar attendees. They will be able to only write messages and read messages from presenters. Messages from other users will be hidden.
- Block the text chat for webinar attendees completely. In this mode, attendees will not be able to write messages even to the presenters.
- Clear the chat history for all webinar attendees. All messages will be saved in the dashboard in the Chats history section.
There is a set of buttons for chat management above any attendee’s message.
- Copies attendee’s message.
- Deletes attendee’s message.
- Pin the message.
- Additional menu.
Viewing chat messages after the webinar
All messages written in the chat during the webinar can be found in the dashboard, in the History section, tab Chats.
The file name consists of the name of webinar room and date of the record creation. The file includes the messages history for the previous 24 hours, no regard how many events were held. This means that if you hosted 2 and more webinars during the day, chat messages will be saved into the unified file with no division by events.
To download the messages history to your computer, press download in You can see or download messages history.
To see the file via the dashboard, press the see button. When working with the chat history using the dashboard, you will have tools for blocking attendees.
Information in the file is grouped in the following manner:
- Name of the user that wrote the message to the chat.
- Message’s date and time.
- Message text.
- IP address of the user having sent the message through the chat.
- The ban button allows restricting access to a webinar for certain user.
- The close button closes the window for viewing chat history.
Working with surveys at MyOwnConference is possible either in the dashboard or directly in the room where the webinar is held. You can create, activate, edit or delete a survey, as well as see statistics on surveys held.
To create a survey, perform the following actions:
- In the dashboard or in the webinar room, choose Polls Surveys section, press the Add a new poll button. In the left part of the webinar room, press the Documents button and in the tab Polls press Add a new poll.
- Write a question and several variants of an answer to it (up to 10 variants). To increase or decrease the number of answers, use the “+” or “-“ control.
- Put the answers in the required order by pulling them using the pictogram to the left from the answer option.
- Press the Save button and launch the survey.
After the survey is created and activated, attendees will see a window with this survey. The window will disappear only when a webinar attendee selects one of the suggested variants.
During the survey, all presenters see a special panel informing them of the survey running. This panel offers a stop button (any presenter can stop the survey), as well as the button for viewing the survey results available only to the presenter that has initiated the current survey.
A survey can be held in parallel with any process in the room.
Survey results are available for download and viewing both inside the room and in the dashboard. The statistics reflect the number of participants having chosen a certain answer option in percent ratio. Additionally, answers of every attendee that has voted can be seen. The survey results are saved in the system until you press the Delete selected polls button in the dashboard or reset the results by pressing the Reset results button in the windows for viewing the results.
If you hold the same survey for a new group and require the statistics only from this particular group, reset the results of the previous survey by pressing the Reset results button. Otherwise, the information from both surveys will be summed up. If you need to save the data from the previous survey, before resetting the data press the Download button in your dashboard.
Screen sharing is a convenient feature allowing for broadcasting your screen to other users in the real time. It offers you a possibility to demonstrate your communication partners the photos, charts, files, applications working and generally anything that is shown on your computer’s desktop during broadcasting.
Your attendees will not need to install additional software on their computers to join the session.
Using screen sharing feature at MyOwnConference
1. Log in to your dashboard or webinar room and install to your computer a special add-on by pressing the icon.
To install the application from the webinar room, press the Screen button. The system checks whether the extension is installed on your computer. If not, you will see a message instructing you to download it. Download the file by pressing the name of your operating system.
2. Open the downloaded file. Install the application by double-clicking it. Our app has been checked by all antiviruses and is included into the register of reliable software. The process runs fast and does not require any additional actions from you. If your antivirus does block installation of the app, please provide us with the name of the antivirus to our email address email@example.com. We will check the issue and solve it as soon as possible.
3. Log into your webinar room, press the Screen button and confirm your action. Stopping the demonstration and returning back to the normal broadcast mode is easy. To do so just press the Stop button. The screen-sharing mode will be stopped automatically if you enable the materials or video demonstration mode.
To record a webinar at MyOwnConference, perform the following steps:
Log into your webinar room.
Press the Record button located in the top left corner of the screen. This will trigger the recording time counter
If you wish to stop recording, press the button with the counter. Confirm your action in the popup window.
After this, your recording is sent to conversion. This process runs automatically and does not require any actions from your side. Conversion speed depends on the file size and the server workload.
Additionally, the service plans with over 100 seats offer the option Automatically record webinars in the room under the Settings tab. If it is checked, the webinar recording will start automatically after any of the presenters enters the room. In this case, you will not be able to stop the recording during your webinar. The recording is stopped and sent to conversion after all presenters leave the webinar room.
Recordings of up to 10 seconds are neither converted nor saved for further processing.
You can record an unlimited number of webinars. Webinar recording does not include the video and sound files, as video from YouTube demonstrated during the webinar because of the absence of direct and/or adjacent copyright for these materials. Duration of one recording shall not exceed 6 hours and will be stopped automatically. If you need to record a webinar that lasts longer, please contact support. Alternatively, you can stop one recording and start the next one. In this case, the webinar will be saved in several files.
NB: Recording will be saved for no longer than 30 days from the moment of its creation.
It will be deleted automatically after this period. Be sure to save the necessary recordings to your computer.
After conversion, the videos are available for download from your dashboard. You need to select the necessary files in the Webinar recordings section and save them to your computer. Moreover, the recorded events will be available for online viewing and downloading from the webinar room as well. For this purpose, press the Documents button and select the Webinar recordings section
By default, webinar recording is available to the presenter that initiated it. To allow other presenters using the record at heir webinars, in your dashboard choose the Webinar recordings section, select the presenter’s name in the “You can assign the record to presenter” string or make it available to everyone.
Sending recordings to webinar attendees
Broadcast recordings are saved in your account at the Webinar recording section.
To send it to webinar participants, we recommend adding the file from your account to YouTube, Google Drive, Dropbox or Yandex Disk and sharing the link with the participants.
Webinar recording does not include the video and sound files, as video from YouTube demonstrated during the webinar because of the absence of direct and/or adjacent copyright for these materials. Thus, you should better provide your attendees with the videos in addition to the webinar recordings.
List of attendees
The list of attendees will show you whether your guests ask to speak or would like to ask a question. Moreover, the list of attendees is a convenient way to find, get in touch with the attendees or draw the attention of attendees and presenters. We will consider this function and some other ones below.
Searching for attendees
Type the name of the attendee or presenter in the search field. The list will contain only the names corresponding to your current search.
Inviting to dialog, drawing attention, sending messages
To give some presenter or webinar attendee the right to speak, press the (i) button next to the corresponding name and click the first pictogram.
To draw the attention of an attendee or presenter, press the bell pictogram and the user will hear the sound signal. Also, you can send a message to the attendee of your choice.
If you want to give the presenter rights, press the crown.
Blocking attendees during the webinar
To kick an attendee out of the webinar room, hover the cursor over the field containing the attendee’s name in the list of attendees and select your action: kick out with a warning or block forever.
Reject attendee: this option allows for temporarily removing an attendee from the webinar. In 2 minutes the attendee will be able to log in to webinar again.
Ban attendee: the attendee will not be able to log into your webinar from its IP address until you delete that IP address from the list of the blocked ones in your dashboard. The user will be blocked only in the current webinar room.
When selecting the ban variant, indicate the reason why you kick the attendee out of the webinar and confirm your decision.
Communication with other presenters
You are able to invite another presenter to the dialog, attract one’s attention and stop demonstration of one’s presentation. For this purpose, press the (…) pictogram next to one’s name and select the action.
Changing your settings
To change your settings in the webinar room, press the settings icon next to your name.
In the popup window, you can enable or disable your webcam, adjust its picture quality, upload an avatar for the webcam and the attendees’ list. Here, you can change your name that is presented in the list, too.
Blocking attendees after the webinar
It might happen so that unwanted attendees arrive at the webinar, i.e. those that interfere with the webinar flow, are rude to other attendees via chat, place their ads etc. In such cases, you can block such attendees not only inside the webinar room but also in the dashboard after the webinar is over.
To block an attendee after the webinar, you can use one of the following ways available in the dashboard.
- Go to the History section. Press the See button in the Visits history on the certain date. In the popup window, find the user you would like to block and press Ban next to one’s IP address.
- Enter the Chats history section. Press the See button in the history of messages on the selected date. In the popup window, find the user you would like to block and press the Ban button next to one’s IP address.
- Enter the Banned attendees section. Press the Block by IP button. In the popup window, enter the IP address of the user and indicate the reason for the block (optional). If you have several webinar rooms, select the room you would like to ban access to. Press the Save button.
In certain cases, you might need to delete users from the blacklist. For example, an attendee you have blocked could come to your webinar from a computer that does not belong to one, or a dynamic IP address could be used. Otherwise, you might have blocked a user by mistake.
Thus, if you keep that IP address in the blacklist, you limit the opportunities for others.
To unblock a user, perform the following:
- Log in to your dashboard and go to the Banned attendees section. Here the list of participants that have been prohibited to access your webinars can be found.
- If you have several webinar rooms, select the one that you would like to change settings for.
- Tick the IP address you would like to allow access from.
- Press the Delete selected IPs button.
Buying extra seats at the webinar
If your webinar welcomed more attendees than the capacity of your current service plan can allow, you can use the Buy additional seats option. To do so:
- Press the Buy additional seats button in the top right corner of your webinar room.
- Confirm your commitment to buy an additional 100 seats by pressing the Order extension button.
- You will be redirected to the relevant page of the payment processing system.
After successful payment, your webinar room will increase by 100 seats. This expansion will be valid for the next 5 hours, after which the capacity of your webinar room will return to the standard one corresponding to your current service plan.
If you have not found the answer to a question you are interested in, feel free to learn our additional educational materials and video lessons. Here you will find answers to the most frequent questions.
To contact the tech support department, press the Online support in the bottom right corner.