The situation with coronavirus is becoming more and more challenging around the world. The number of those infected keeps growing, which makes governments and private companies introducing serious precautions: announce quarantines and transition to remote working. Governments of many countries ask their citizens to stay at home and avoid getting out with no essential need. Yet, this is no reason for watching TV series all day long or taking a vacation. Today, we are going to talk about the ways to transition to remote working and learning by using the webinar and video conferencing platform.
How to transition employees to working remotely during coronavirus pandemic?
In case the type of work allows working from home, it is high time to do so. But how can one stay in touch with one’s colleagues and avoid losing effectiveness?
In addition to the already traditional phone calls and communication via messengers, hold online meetings and video conferences. MyOwnConference can offer all the tools required for that:
- Keynote demonstration. An employee can deliver a keynote about a certain task and demonstrate it to the other colleagues.
- Screen sharing. One of the participants can initiate screen sharing using one’s own computer, while the rest can view websites or applications running there.
- Chats. Participants can exchange text messages.
- Polls. This is a quick way of voting for some particular matter and making the final decision.
- Meeting recording. If any of the participants miss the meeting or some of its parts, they will be able to view its recording later.
How to move events online?
Gathering a lot of people in the same room becomes dangerous. Fortunately, this is no reason for canceling the event, for which you have been preparing so long. Most events can be moved to the online format.
Webinar software provides everything that may be necessary for this. In the first row, it is possible to restrict access to an online event, so that only those having paid for their participation could attend it. Secondly, speakers can make their presentations using webcams and microphones and demonstrate their keynotes at the same time. Moreover, different means of providing feedback are available, e.g., participants can use chat, answer questions and even go on air.
With the help of video conferences and webinars, teachers can meet their students in a virtual classroom. Here, all tools required for teaching and knowledge assessment are available:
- Whiteboard where teachers can make notes, write tasks and explain anything.
- Demonstration of materials, graphs, presentations and educational videos.
- Shared files (textbooks, brochures, documents with tasks) that each student can download to one’s computers.
- Tests for knowledge assessment.
Quarantine in colleges and universities during coronavirus pandemic
Many colleges have been using distance learning in parallel to their full-time and extramural curriculum. So, the best and the safest variant is moving all students to distance learning. If for whatever reason, your college has not done this so far, it is high time to do it now.
We have already written about how universities can use webinars. In brief, they can use them for lectures in big groups, as well as practical classes in small groups, along with Doors Open Days traditionally held in March and April for many establishments.
The situation around coronavirus throughout the world is difficult, and nobody knows how long the virus is going to influence our traditional lifestyle.
Nevertheless, stop panicking. You’d better concentrate on meaningful tasks.
The MyOwnConference team will help moving teaching, learning, working and holding events online with minimum loss:
- Use our free non-expiring account for 20 participants;
- Hold webinars and video conferences for the audiences of 3 to 10,000 people;
- Organize parallel webinars, as well as ones not limited throughout the day.
We do hope that quite soon, we will be able to communicate, work, study and hold events the way we are used to, i.e., offline. We wish you, your colleagues and families safety, wellness, and positivity during these challenging coronavirus times.
MyOwnConference.com | Register and get your best experience with us!