In modern business and communication video conferences are becoming increasingly popular. Therefore, software inventors do their best to make this process easier and to improve it as more as possible. As a result, we currently have a huge amount of convenient platforms with features for different categories of users. Almost all video conference apps may be used from any gadgets: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, tablets. Also, all the platforms give the users an opportunity to use it for free, surely, with limited features.
So, let’s review some of the most popular video conference apps.
This platform is one of the most presentable video conferencing apps that helps to make a perfect impression on business partners ensuring excellent technical support for all kinds of web meetings. Actually, it has been conquering the market with accelerated pace. Here are some of its benefits:
- differs from all the others with its easy interface;
- low rates and plans for different size groups. There are 7 plans depending on the amount of participants (up to 2000) and disk space (500 MB-unlimited). This platform provides a system of discounts: 10% off after the firth month and 20 % off in case of paying for 12 months;
- free account that allows 20 attendees, disk space 500 MB, video recording up to 20 minutes;
- stable and high-quality sound and images;
- connection to social networks;
- screen and cursor sharing, drawing tools;
- moderated text chat saving history;
- continuous recording up to 10 hours with an unlimited number of recordings;
- video broadcasting;
- polls and surveys;
- an opportunity to visit open webinars on MyOwnConference. That means you can review the list of scheduled webinars and attend them in order to try all the advantages of this application before scheduling an own web meeting. Actually, this is one of the main differences of this application from others in video conferencing.
Zoom is one of the oldest video conferencing apps. It is well-known among businessmen who often hold web meetings, conferences, and webinars.
- ensures clear video calls with a reliable connection;
- it is free for 50 users (you should sign up and have an account in order to be able to use it);
- several solutions (Basic (free), Pro, Business, Enterprise).
- services: Zoom Meetings, Zoom Premium Audio, Zoom Business IM, Zoom Video Webinar, Zoom Rooms, Zoom H.323/SIP Connector, Zoom Developer Platform;
- unlimited amount of video recordings;
- a chance to increase the number of participants up to 500 (for an additional fee);
- desktop sharing, easy interface, chat;
- a chance to manage participants: add, allow them recording videos, to mute and unmute themselves, lock the meetings;
- the tool Gallery view allows placing the videos of all the participants on the screen.
This platform gives an opportunity to organize video meetings for an amount of participants up to 200. There are 3 plans (8, 25, 200 attendees respectively).
Benefits of WebEx:
- high-quality video;
- screen sharing (either all screen or only apps and separate documents);
- strong security;
- a possibility to lock the room in order to prevent joining other participants;
- a possibility to join the meeting from other services, such as Skype or Polycom;
- chat, whiteboard.
This is one of the simplest video conferencing tools. Unlike other similar apps, it doesn’t require registration. Appear.in is really ideal for small group video chats. Here are some other benefits:
- guests do not have to sign up for joining the meeting;
- there are only 2 plans that allow 8 (free) and 12 participants;
- a possibility to share the screen with the video simultaneously;
- a possibility to lock the room to prevent joining more participants.
It’s one of the most popular video conferencing apps that has the following features:
- 3 plans for 10, 50 and 100 participants;
- free trial for 14 days;
- screen sharing;
- keyboard and mouse sharing;
- dial-in conference line;
- drawing tools (plans Pro and Plus);
- mobile apps (plans Pro and Plus);
- recording (Pro and Plus);
- personal meeting room (Pro and Plus).
Certainly, the list of video conference apps is not restricted only to the platforms described above. We could continue it with such tools, as Skype for business, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, Join.me, etc.
The majority of video conferencing apps have great features that are necessary for a complete and convenient web meeting. They are like a joint remote workplace for teams that allow working on projects together not being at the same place. Screen sharing, mouse and keyboard sharing gives participants a chance to make improvements in projects online. Drawing, marking tools make the process even more vivid visually. Finally, all this process may be recorded so that no details will be missed in the further working process.
In fact, the modern software developers create more and more applications with more advanced features, so that we cannot even imagine what enormous opportunities they will open for people for video conferencing in the near future.
MyOwnConference blog. Lifehacks, reviews, useful tips for preparing, holding and promoting webinars and web conferences.