Coronavirus has been a great cause of concern over the past few months. How will you carry on with work? How will you maintain the morale of your team? In which way will you keep the information, the files, and the documents organized?
Today, there is no choice but to work remotely. The outbreak of COVID-19 has rendered us clutching to tools that can help us stay connected with our teams and keep up the productivity. It can be extremely hard transitioning your team to a remote one. But with the right tools to provide you flexibility in your work, this process can be made a lot easier.
Best Video Conferencing Software For Remote Work
Remote teams work best when everyone is in contact. A platform where superiors and subordinates can come together to discuss agendas is a very big requirement for teams that work from home. Therefore, I have narrowed down a list of the best-rated video calling software for you to consider for your business.
MyOwnConference is a platform that presents an easy to use interface to its users and provides a holistic video calling experience. What makes this tool the best of the best are the factors mentioned below:
- It helps you conduct video conferencing among your team members.
- It allows sharing screen, keynotes and video.
- MyOwnConference is useful for small teams the same as for large companies.
- For this online platform to work, you do not have to install an app or software.
We’ve all used Skype before, either in personal capacity or business. Skype is a software that has been a reliable communication tool for remote teams around the world for years now. If you are looking for reasons to invest your time in this software, here are some points to consider:
- With Skype, you will get to make internet calls any time and from any device for free.
- Another great feature of this tool is that it provides the facility for screen sharing.
- Skype provides easy-to-use messaging features.
- Apart from the video chats and the video calling, it also helps you share various files in Images, zip files, and Docx form.
Chanty is a collaboration software that helps you be on the same page with your team all the time. It offers timely notifications and instant communication with all your employees. Along with extensive chat features, Chanty also has video calling features that will work very well for your team. Here are some factors that will help you choose this tool as your communication partner:
- Chanty helps you share files across almost all platforms.
- You can “pin” good ideas or conversation snippets for reviewing them later.
- This is software that has integrations with various other project management software so you can have everything synced in one platform.
- It is a tool that is powered by AI and runs on every platform, such as Android, iOS, web, Windows, and macOS.
Project Management Software For Remote Teams
If you haven’t been using project management software, start now. All you will need for your remote team to function efficiently is a tool that can help you plan, schedule, organize, and deliver files, tasks, and projects on time. Counting down the best software for comparison, here is the top pick:
Software that never fails to impress, ProofHub comes with a variety of ways in which you can work with your data. From Kanban boards to Gantt charts, you can find all your documents, files and conversations in one place using this collaboration tool. If you are looking to invest in the best remote work tool, ProofHub might be the best option, here’s why:
ProofHub comes with an easy to use, highly customizable interface. This will help you create a custom workflow that will effortlessly adapt to your method of working.
- It provides you an opportunity to implement agile methodology because of its flexible approach to project management.
- This tool helps you communicate better by allowing you to indulge in team discussions, making notes and commenting on tasks.
- It helps you assign tasks and review project progress with the utmost ease.
- It is an affordable solution to team management that comes with unique features for organizing tasks and teams.
For years now we have heard how Kanban is the future of project management; well, the future is here. Kanbanize helps you realize your projects and break down your tasks into information that can be readily used. Here’s how Kanbanize might be the management tool for you:
- Kanbanize provides you with easy to use and easy to create task cards.
- These task cards can be moved through your workflow with ease with the “drag and drop” feature.
- It is a useful tool for agile project management as it helps you work quickly and efficiently.
- And, this tool helps you track time and resources.
Trello is a versatile Cloud, remote tool, and Web software that helps you plan better. It is an easy to use tool that helps you work with full agility. Here are some reasons to choose Trello as your Remote work project management partner
- It is a tool that helps you be on top of things as it helps you track the progress of each individual on your team.
- It also helps in the resource as well as portfolio management.
- Time and expense tracking and management become infinitely easier with a software platform like Trello.
- With a very flexible interface, Trello also facilitates communication between contacts and helps you organize and manage them.
#7 Time Doctor
The best way to take care of your projects doing remote work is to monitor your team’s progress and track the expenses and resources. Time Doctor is a software platform that helps you keep an eye on the performance of your employees at all times. Here’s what makes this tool the best for this purpose:
- This software comes with features that help you with website and application monitoring.
- Time Doctor also comes with GPS tracking that helps all managers keep track of all the devices while working remotely.
- This software will help your employees avoid distractions as it sends timely notifications to help them get back to work.
- It also helps you become more comprehensive with your employee monitoring as it helps send screenshots from their devices to your own.
The key to remote team and task management is investing in tools that will help you keep your team always in the loop. Make sure that when you go remote, your team doesn’t lose sight of the goals, deadlines, milestones that had been set for them. Use the tools mentioned above to be in touch with your team and keep their workflow streamlined for them.
Vartika Kashyap is the CMO at ProofHub – A Project Management software and has been one of the LinkedIn Top Voices in 2018. Her articles are inspired by office situations and work-related events. She likes to write about productivity, team building, work culture, leadership, entrepreneurship among others and contributing to a better workplace is what makes her click.