Webinars represent an affordable way of organizing a brand-enhancing event for your business. You can connect with attendees across the globe and create valuable leads. You can achieve all of this for a reasonable financial outlay.
If you are organizing a webinar, you need to have a good understanding of these events. You also need to think carefully how to organize your webinar, so that it’s as effective as possible. There are several important steps that you should take.
1. Decide what you want to talk about
It’s important to remember that a webinar should never be simply a sales tactic. You need to decide on a topic that is useful and informative to your audience. Your topic should also allow you to promote the expertise of your business. If the audience is engaged and informed as a result of your topic choice, they are more likely to interact with your brand.
Related Story: How to Choose a Webinar Topic
2. Decide on the best format for your webinar
There are several different webinar format options. For instance, an expert speaker talking about their area of expertise may work well for your business. Alternatively, you may want to adopt an interview format or have a panel of experts present. You also need to think about how interactive you want your webinar to be. You may also want to consider using a moderator to help keep everything flowing on the day.
Where to find a moderator? It could be the person you already know: a friend, family member, colleague. Or you can use some of the job search systems like Jobsora, Upwork etc.
3. Create great webinar content
It’s highly unlikely that a webinar will work if it consists of one person talking, backed by a series of slides full of text. This is because the audience will become bored with such a dull concept. When you create content for your webinar, be imaginative. For instance, you should think about including graphs, charts and pictures. You may also want to include demonstrations and interaction with the audience.
4. Choose the right webinar platform
It’s vital to choose the right platform when you are organizing a webinar. This is because webinar platforms like MyOwnConference have different functions and facilities available that you may find useful. When you are deciding which platform to use, you should consider factors such as:
- How many participants will there be?
- Will participants be asking questions?
- How will slides be shared?
- How will the webinar be recorded?
- Is a live chat facility needed?
Take your time to find the right solution for you.
Related Story: Webinar Platform: How to Choose the Best One?
5. Decide on the best date and time
Before you host your webinar, take a look at useful statistics. Doing this will help you to decide on the best time and date for your webinar. Things to consider include:
- When is your target audience more likely to be available?
- Have you avoided public holidays?
- Are any other events that are likely to clash with your webinar?
When you are planning the date and time for your webinar, you should give attendees time to plan. Generally, it’s a good idea to give yourself at least a month to promote your webinar. This means that attendees can mark it on their calendars and are less likely to have competing invitations.
6. Advertise your webinar
Advertising your webinars should form part of your overall marketing strategy. After all, webinars are a vital marketing tool for your business. When it comes to promoting your webinars, several actions need to be completed.
- Set up a dedicated events page where you can process registrations.
- Integrate your event with your social media channels where you can spend time promoting it.
- When you create your promotional material, include an agenda of what will be discussed. You should also clarify the learning opportunities that attendees will get.
Think about whether you want to charge for your webinar or not. If you decide to create a free event, you should factor in a dropout rate of around 50%. This means that sending additional invitations is a good idea.
Related Story: Webinar Invitation Emails: the Friendliest Examples
7. Test the technology and the platform
You should try to limit the risk of problems on the day of your webinar. The best way to do this is to test the technology that you will be using beforehand. Doing this helps you to get rid of glitches. It’s also a good idea to have backup technology available on the day of the webinar.
In addition to testing the equipment, you should also practice using the webinar platform. Doing this helps to ensure that you know how to use all of the features during the actual webinar.
8. Host your webinar
On the day of the webinar, give yourself plenty of time to prepare. It’s a good idea to have a last test of the technology and the platform. It’s also important that participants are aware of the running order and where any audience participation will happen.
After thorough preparation webinar will be very easy. Some key points are connected with the speaker:
- be self-confident and your listeners will believe and follow you without any conditions;
- be positive and flexible. Issues and misunderstandings are unavoidable. Therefore, they should be resolved masterfully, seemingly easy and any queries of the audience should find their answers. Only in this case, you will be able to reach your goal convincing your listeners in your reliability;
- involve the participants in the process. Organize any discussions, activities, a joint project that will allow your listeners to participate in your presentation.
It’s important to remember that this success does not end with the webinar itself. You need to use the analytics of the webinar platform to learn about your attendance data and ascertain the strengths and weaknesses of your event. This helps to inform future webinars.
You also need to follow up with the leads you have created. For instance, you may want to ask them about their webinar experience. This helps you to keep in contact with these leads and convert them into prospects for your business. Doing this helps you to consolidate the marketing potential of your webinars. This is essential if you want to secure good returns on your investment.
A webinar is a highly effective marketing tool if it’s used in the right way. You should always make sure that the aim of your webinar is to inform the audience and not simply to sell. In order to keep the audience engaged, it’s important to create content that includes images, charts and graphs and is not largely text-based. It’s essential to test all technology that is being used for the webinar, as well as the webinar platform itself. Organizing a webinar in this way helps to make it a successful event.
MyOwnConference.com | Register and get your best experience with us!