Online education is discussed much now. But what is online education itself and does it meet your needs? Today’s post will try to answer the above questions. Online education is a method of distance education with the help of the Internet and computers. Companies around the globe, as well as educational establishments and private tutors, choose to implement electronic education to teach their employees and students. Tutors create their own courses, hold webinars, share their knowledge and have good earnings from this.
Pros of online education for organizers
- High efficiency due to using convenient tools: presentations, tests, video, chat, screen sharing, multiple replays of lessons.
- Easier tracking of every student’s progress.
- Online education saves money and is a perfect solution for training the staff, especially in organizations where staff turnover is high. Anyone can save on it, as there is no need to pay a constant fee to a tutor or rent some premises and living.
- You can run education process from any place and still look professional.
- Nobody is late for the lectures, as a mobile app is available, and students can connect to lessons with its help even on the go.
Cons of online education for organizers
- Every speaker should learn how to use the electronic education program and master the skills of efficient online seminar holding. They need to get every lesson, lecture or tasks ideally from both educational and technical point of view. It is important for every tutor to use methods of retaining the attention of the students, otherwise, they could simply fall asleep at their computers.
- Getting to learn technical matters, selection of equipment and a platform for holding lessons that would meet your needs.
Now everyone talented in teaching and having a passion for it can build one career by creating one’s own electronic courses for distance learning. Fortunately, there is much to choose from: a creation of small podcasts, links to which can be put onto your page or YouTube; holding webinars or seminars online, to which even several thousand people can be invited at the same time; development of a personalized program for every separate student.
Prose of online education for students
- Online education allows a student to choose a comfortable place and time for learning, as well as their own pace.
- Easy communication with the tutor through chat, email, forum or audio and video communication facilities that distance learning platform offers.
- Many shy people feel at ease when studying at online courses.
- Students can work parallel with getting online education. They can find work on specialized sites. For example, Jooble has thousands of job posts that are suitable for students.
Cons of online education for students
- Possible lack of personal contact with the tutor or fellow students.
- More time needed to master the materials and cope with the tasks compared to traditional education.
- Some people cannot concentrate on studying during lectures, while they are continually fighting the temptation of having a look at their social network pages or simply closing the web browser tab.
Results of surveying effectiveness of online education are ambiguous. Online education offers a number of undoubted advantages, yet it has its disadvantages as well, the same as traditional education does. The most important thing is that due to online education students can study efficiently, conveniently and pay a quite affordable price for this.
If you plan to implement electronic education system, hold webinars or online training, learn the possibilities of online education platform MyOwnConference.
MyOwnConference blog. Lifehacks, reviews, useful tips for preparing, holding and promoting webinars and web conferences.