In the modern world of extreme technology advancements, all usual daily actions in our business are replaced into the virtual world of the Internet. The same is true about conferences. Each specialist knows how important are the conferences in terms of progress by discussing perspectives, exchanging ideas and problem-solving.
We currently have an online version of conferences that save a plenty of time and money and allow to manage more in business. From this point of view, web conferencing is one more powerful tool provided by the modern technology.
So, what exactly is web conferencing? How does it work? What benefits does it give to people and companies?
What is web conferencing?
Web conferencing is online meetings with an unlimited amount of participants who can discuss problems online, share documents, observe websites together, exchange ideas regarding current issues, etc.
Usually, these conferences are organized through Internet browsers by special services. Talking about web conferencing it is impossible to ignore virtual classes that are becoming more and more common today. Virtual class is an application that is made especially for holding web conferences, webinars, and other online transmissions.
How does web conferencing work?
Now let’s consider the process of web conferencing.
1. To organize web conferences the organizer should send invitations or notifications about the conference to the possible participants and guidelines for the application installation.
2. Each web conference is based on a program or plan. The program is sent to participants beforehand, as they should get familiar with the list of issues that will be discussed and their order.
3. In web conferences, there are all chances to:
- plan and invite other participants;
- check the presence and availability of the participants;
- share the screen: joint access to the screen and different applications that are being used during the web conference;
- use a whiteboard that allows a visual demonstration and analysis of ideas;
- show web presentations: each speaker makes a presentation about a particular issue and demonstrates it to the other participants;
- co-browse websites and webpages to find out any additional information or necessary data about the discussing problems;
- provide annotations;
- chat: all participants can discuss some issues not interrupting the speech;
- moderate the conference. Almost all conferences, seminars and other similar events are full of negotiations and discussions. There are always some participants who are not respectful to others or do not follow the rules of the web conference. That is why it is necessary to have a moderator who regulates and reminds everyone to follow the rules;
- enjoy the benefits of VoIP connection and video connection;
- change the speaker and transfer the leading position of control with the mouse and keyboard;
- enjoy useful tools for feedback accumulation (for example, surveys);
- record the web conference. Valuable ideas are recorded and distributed. Some participants may miss the meeting or some parts of it. The recording is useful for the information recovery. Also, social networks currently provide huge opportunities to publish the videos and get more audience. Depending on the purpose and content, web conferences are posted to be available for a greater number of people.
Essential conditions for successful web conference
During web conferencing or at the stage of preparation the following technical aspects play an essential role:
1. Good sound. It is better to use USB headset to ensure good sound. It guarantees lack of background noise and echo that mostly exist during any online transmissions. Moreover, the most of such headsets have all possibilities to adjust sounds.
2. Quiet environment. Undoubtedly, any noise or speech that is not related to the conference disturbs it, therefore, participants prefer quiet rooms.
3. Clear video. Some basic knowledge of a video operator is also necessary to make the video perfect. A proper lighting and location of the camera make the conference comfortable, contribute to a better perception of the information and easy communication. As a result, it improves the efficiency of the discussions and presentations.
Some experts of web conferences pay attention even to details like clothing or the best area of the screen for the demonstration of documents. They affirm that clothing should not be too bright, as it distracts from the process and looks unclear from the screen. Also, they prefer to demonstrate documents on the upper part of the screen, as it contributes to a better visual contact.
These are seemingly insignificant details that basically affect the impression and interaction in general.
Web conferencing is a great tool in terms of collaboration and working on projects for teams that include participants from all over the world. In fact, they have a chance to discuss and cooperate effectively being just at the own workplace in front of the own computer and not wasting time on journeys to any particular place.
Actually, the benefits of web conferencing are enormous. Its technology gives all conveniences to organize dynamic and effective conferences online.