Online education is discussed much now. But what is online education itself and does it meet your needs? What are the main pros and cons of online education? Today’s post will try to answer the above questions.
Pros and Cons of Online Education
Online education is a method of distance education with the help of the Internet and computers. Companies worldwide, as well as educational establishments and private tutors, choose to implement electronic education to teach their employees and students. Tutors create their courses, hold webinars, share their knowledge, and earn well from this.
What are the pros of online education for organizers?
- High efficiency due to using convenient tools: presentations, tests, video, chat, screen sharing, and multiple replays of lessons.
- Easier tracking of every student’s progress.
- Online education saves money and is a perfect solution for training the staff, especially in organizations with high staff turnover. Anyone can save on it, as there is no need to pay a constant fee to a tutor or rent some premises and living.
- You can run the education process from any place and still look professional.
- Nobody is late for the lectures, as a mobile app is available, and students can connect to lessons with its help even on the go.
What are the cons of online education for organizers?
- Every speaker should learn how to use the electronic education program and master efficient online seminar-holding skills. They need to get every lesson, lecture, or task ideal from both educational and technical perspectives. Every tutor needs to use methods of retaining the students’ attention; otherwise, they could fall asleep at their computers.
- Getting to learn technical matters, selecting equipment, and a platform for holding lessons that would meet your needs.
Everyone is talented in teaching and has a passion for building one career by creating one’s electronic courses for distance learning. Fortunately, there is much to choose from:
- Creation of small podcasts, links to which can be put onto your page or YouTube.
- Holding webinars or seminars online, to which even several thousand people can be invited at the same time.
- Development of a personalized program for every separate student
Pros of online education for students
- Online education allows students to choose a comfortable place and time for learning and their own pace.
- Easy communication with the tutor through chat, email, forum or audio and video communication facilities that distance learning platform offers.
- Many shy people feel at ease when studying online courses.
- Students can work in parallel with getting an online education. They can find work on specialized sites. For example, Jooble has thousands of job posts suitable for students.
Cons of online education for students
- Possible lack of personal contact with the tutor or fellow students.
- Compared to traditional education, more time is needed to master the materials and cope with the tasks.
- Some people cannot concentrate on studying during lectures. They continually fight the temptation to look at their social network pages or close the web browser tab.
The results of surveying the effectiveness of online education are ambiguous. Online education offers many undoubted advantages, yet it has its disadvantages, the same as traditional education. Most importantly, students can study efficiently and conveniently and pay quite affordable prices due to online education.
If you plan to implement an electronic education system, hold webinars or online training, and learn the possibilities of our online education and webinar platform.
Simplified online meeting and webinar software platform MyOwnConference — perfect for a work-wherever world. Life hacks, reviews, and tips for scheduling and preparing to hold and promote webinars and virtual conferences.