In today’s modern world of extreme technological advancements, our business’s usual daily actions are merged into the internet’s virtual world. The same is true about conferencing. Every specialist knows how important such conferences are in terms of business growth as they enable people to discuss perspectives and exchange ideas.
We now have an online version of conferences that save plenty of time and money while boosting business awareness. From this point of view, web conferencing is one more powerful tool provided by modern technology.
So, what exactly is web conferencing? How does it work? What benefits does it give to people and companies?
What is web conferencing?
Web conferencing refers to online meetings with an unlimited number of participants who can discuss problems online, share documents, observe content together, exchange ideas regarding current issues, etc.
Usually, these conferences are organized through Internet browsers by special services. It is no news that almost everything is online nowadays. Events that would cost thousands of dollars to organise can now be held online through web conferencing. This has become a perfect solution for many businesses as it allows different people from anywhere in the world and at any timezone to connect with each other on one platform without having to step out of their homes.
Talking about web conferencing, it is impossible to ignore virtual classes becoming more common today. Virtual classes are made especially for holding video conferencing, webinars, and other online transmissions.
By the way, MyOwnConference offers you the best web conference service. You can hold an online meeting with thousands of participants and make it easier. Also, you can record it and send the record to other participants later. Don’t hesitate to register for free and use the platform effectively.
How does web conferencing work?
Now let’s consider the process of web conferencing.
- Firstly, to organize a web conference, the organizer should send email invitations or notifications about the conference to the potential attendees. It is also important to share guidelines for the application installation if they don’t already have the web conferencing platform installed.
- Every web conference is based on a program or plan. You can send the program to participants beforehand, so they can get familiar with the list of issues that will discuss and their order. This way, attendees know what they’re going to get from the conference and will have something to look forward to.
Web conferencing features
Web conferences allow you to do the following:
- plan and invite other participants;
- check the presence and availability of the participants;
- share the screen: join access to the screen and different applications that are being used during the web conference;
- use a whiteboard that allows a visual demonstration and analysis of ideas;
- show web presentations: each speaker makes a presentation about a particular issue and demonstrates it to the other participants;
- co-browse websites and web pages to find out any additional information or necessary data about the problems being discussed;
- provide annotations;
- chat: all participants can discuss any issues without interrupting the presentation. This is a very important feature as participants can drop their questions in the chat during the presentation and the host can attend to them later.
- moderate the conference. Almost all conferences, seminars and other similar events are full of negotiations and discussions. There are always some participants who are not respectful to others or do not follow the rules of the online conference. That is why it is necessary to have a moderator who regulates and reminds everyone to follow the rules;
- enjoy the benefits of VoIP connection and video connection;
- change the speaker and transfer the leading position of control with the mouse and keyboard;
- enjoy useful tools for feedback accumulation (for example, surveys);
- record the web conference. Some participants may miss the meeting or some parts of it. The recording is useful for information recovery. Also, social networks currently provide huge opportunities to publish videos and reach a larger audience. Depending on the purpose and content, web conferences can be posted to be available for a greater number of people. This way, your efforts can be maximized as you can enjoy the further engagement of your web conference even after it has ended.
Essential conditions for a successful web conference
During web conferencing or at the stage of planning and preparing, the following technical aspects play an essential role:
- Good sound. It is better to use a USB headset to ensure good sound. It guarantees a lack of background noise and echoes that often happen during online transmissions. Moreover, most of such headsets have options to adjust sounds. Good sound will not only make your web conference go smoothly, but it will also position you or your business as professionals and provide a good impression.
- Quiet environment. Undoubtedly, any noise or speech that is not related to the conference disturbs it, therefore, participants prefer quiet rooms. In addition, external noises can distract the audience from the actual presentation, which is definitely not good for the host.
- Clear video. Some basic knowledge of a video operator is also necessary to make the video perfect. For example, the camera’s proper lighting and location make the conference look good, contribute to a better perception of the information, and facilitate easy communication. As a result, clear video improves the efficiency of the discussions and presentations.
Some experts of web conferences pay attention even to details like clothing or the best area of the screen for the display of documents. Moreover, they affirm that clothing should not be too bright or have too many patterns, as these distract the audience from the conference and they often appear unclear on the screen. Also, they prefer to display documents on the upper part of the screen, contributing to better visual contact.
These are seemingly insignificant details that actually affect the impression your audience will get from your conference and the interaction in general.
Web conferencing is a great tool in terms of collaboration and working on projects, especially for teams that have participants from all over the world. In fact, they have a chance to discuss and cooperate effectively right from the comfort of their home, in front of their own computer without wasting time commuting to any particular place.
To sum up, the benefits of web conferencing are numerous. Web conferencing technology provides a whole lot of convenience to organize dynamic and effective conferences online. And of course, you can organize different web conferences in a matter of minutes with the platform MyOwnConference.
MyOwnConference.com | Register and get your best experience with us!