Nobody will argue that webinars are a compulsory element of an online business. In reality, if you want to keep up with current trends and run your business successfully webinars will definitely help you. Actually, let’s consider how much depends on the way you tell your clients about your ideas. At this stage, you can either boost your business enormously or roll back or even lose your previous achievements.
So, there are questions in your mind that you need to answer. How to organize webinars? How to begin them? How to make them interesting? What are the key principles of webinars? What defines their success or fault? Generally, how to do a webinar? We will observe these questions in this article and make some sketches about webinars that will make them successful.
STEP 1. Preparation
1. First of all, define your goal! Actually, to organize a catchy and exceptional webinar you should remember your aim at each stage. You may do a webinar to tell the audience about something or just sell directly something.
2. Find target audience – people who will be interested in your ideas and products.
3. Promote your webinar. Apply all promotional tools that are provided by the global network. Engage people. Write influential letters and send them. Advertise actively the webinar. Let a maximum amount of people know and by the theory of probabilities, you will have more chances to succeed.
4. Send invitations. Do it not earlier than 7 days in advance. If you do it too early your listeners may simply forget about that. And if you send notifications too late they will be less likely to come due to existing arrangements.
5. As soon as you know your purpose, you should determine your topic and make proper plan and slides. Actually, it could be only several impressive tables or images that will effectively demonstrate your ideas (maybe sometimes in a comic form, as laugh stimulates the brain, cheers them up and encourages to perceive information in a positive way).
Make sure you arrange everything well technically. Check everything before the webinar.
1. Ensure good Internet connection.
2. Find a good microphone.
3. Your PC should work properly and quickly.
4. Find the best site for conferences in advance and observe it thoroughly.
STEP 2. Webinar Itself
Now let’s talk about the webinar itself. Nobody will argue that the success of any speech depends on the way the information is given. So, here are some principles which will help you to engage and interest your audience.
Self-confidence is the quality that is necessary for a speaker to become someone whom his listeners can believe and trust. You will definitely not believe and listen to someone and, what’s more, follow his instructions if he isn’t sure whether the information he provides is trustworthy or not. It doesn’t matter you promote anything or sell, the audience wants to hear an expert and to follow his instructions.
Tell about your own experience. Tell in a vivid way about some similar cases in your life and stimulate the imagination to make parallels with own experience of your audience.
Be a good teacher. Use your abilities as a teacher. Be an efficient educator. Be active, say some funny things and introduce some activities where the whole audience can take part. This is a little but an important element of webinars to make some active and funny timeouts and to come into contact with your listeners. Inspire your listeners.
Be logical. If you sequence and tell your ideas logically your speech will be more memorable and impressive.
Transfer ideas that are valuable for people. They will never listen to you if your stories are not beneficial to them. Moreover, you will definitely benefit if you show your audience certain ways to resolve some of their problems. So, accept that everyone is more concentrated on their own business and issues and hint any efficient solutions helping to increase their profits.
Your ideas should be unique or contain at least some unique elements. Currently, the flow of information is enormous: on television, banners and mostly through the Internet. To engage people in these conditions of fierce competition, give them something original. Grab their attention.
STEP 3. Feedback
Keep in touch with your audience after the conference. Find out their opinions and suggestions. Organize some discussions about the conference. Communicate with them positively and friendly.
If you consider these key principles you will make fewer mistakes and everything in your actions will serve for the success of your online event.
MyOwnConference blog. Lifehacks, reviews, useful tips for preparing, holding and promoting webinars and web conferences.