Building brand awareness is a vital consideration for any business that wants to flourish in a crowded marketplace. Creating improved awareness of your brand helps you to increase the number of leads that your business has which in turn helps to increase sales and profits.
You may have heard that webinars can help you to build brand awareness. You may have also been wondering how this works. Well, that’s exactly what we’ll be addressing in this postFirst. Let’s examine why webinars are known for increasing brand awareness and how you can maximise webinar branding.
Understanding brand awareness
To fully realise how webinars can help your business with building brand awareness, you need to have an understanding of the concept of brand awareness itself. In basic terms, brand awareness refers to how many people know about your business and what it has to offer. The better your brand awareness is, the more people are likely to engage with your business. Similarly, the lower your brand awareness, the lower your lead generation. Hosting a webinar is a proven method to help your business to improve its brand awareness levels.
Why are webinars so useful in building brand awareness?
Webinars are a cost-effective means of building brand awareness. They do not require heavy financial investment and are relatively easy to organise. They are also very valuable when it comes to creating leads for your business; an essential aspect of raising brand awareness levels. More specifically, here are some of the reasons why webinars are so valuable when it comes to building brand awareness.
Time is well spent
You may have to put a few hours of effort into creating a high-performing webinar. But the returns that you get are impressive. When you hold a webinar, you have a tool that you can use to communicate with a global audience in real-time. The best part is, you can record this live meeting to keep informing new audiences going forward. This means that even if you don’t get all your desired results from the live event, the recorded webinar can still work wonders for you, as long as you keep promoting it.
The webinar concept is simple
While you do need to think hard about factors like suitable content and equipment for your webinar, the actual concept is fairly simple. The main thing to understand is, you’re gathering your target audience for a virtual live event. And you provide valuable information to them while marketing your brand and services. This is what makes webinars a popular tool for businesses all over the world.
You also have access to webinar tools from platforms such as MyOwnConference, so that creating an interactive webinar is made easy for you. The concept is equally attractive for your audience who have the opportunity to learn and expand their horizons while only having to invest an hour or less of their time.
Webinars are attractive to different types of audience
You can use webinars no matter what type of audience your business aims to attract and your objectives. This is one of the most important benefits of leveraging webinars to increase brand. For instance, you can:
- Attract new leads
- Target a specific new audience
- Inform current customers about aspects of the business and its expertise
An example of this effectiveness is the joint venture between Intel and GE which saw them informing care facilities about ways to better care for residents while also improving revenue opportunities. They focused their webinars on sales-ready leads, leads that needed nurturing and unqualified leads. As a result, their webinars continue to be successful and valued.
By now, I’m sure you can see the value of using webinars to build brand awareness. Next, you need to understand how to make this happen.
How to brand your webinar
Webinar branding consists of two main features:
- a branded banner and logo. You can attach these to the registration process and also use them to customise the invitation emails;
- branded materials. For example, slides, screens, boards, backgrounds, gear, or other items you will use to reinforce your messages.
Taking your marketing or promotional strategy to the next level through the use of webinars requires that they are branded. Incorporating marketing tools and techniques into your webinar is the best way to get some brand recognition. Non-branded webinars tend to make less of an impact on an audience than those which are branded.
Although having a branded logo or watermark on your webinar presentation slides is a good way to leave lasting impressions on the viewers’ minds, it is even more important to ensure that your brand is actually indicative of the message, company, product, or service.
This means that the values that your brand represents should be conveyed in your brand colours, fonts, images, and so forth. You have to think about whether your branding conveys your message effectively by incorporating the elements which truly bring your vision and message to life.
This requires quite a bit of thinking and strategising. It is not something you just quickly do 10 minutes to your webinar. If your branded webinar does not stand out and is not unique, then chances are it will not be as effective as it otherwise would be if all those elements are well thought out. Frankly, anything worth doing is worth doing well. It would be a waste of time and resources to disregard such important factors, as this may result in a low-quality webinar that doesn’t achieve your goals.
Most webinar software tools allow you to create a new look for your webinar so that it doesn’t feel or look generic. Often you can customise the webinar and add your brand elements by uploading images, logos and incorporating customised design features.
Other properties that you can include:
- cover images which you can use on emails and the registration page;
- company logo which will also appear on your emails and page;
- colour schemes you can add to your backgrounds and headers.
Tips for creating webinar content that works
Now you have learnt how you should go about using webinars to build brand awareness. Here are some additional tips to help you to do this more effectively.
- Use the natural voice of you and your business. There’s no need to try to copy the style and voice of big brands. You want your audience to understand what you and your brand stand for so it’s important to be natural.
- Choose topics that resonate with your audience. An example of this is The Friedman Group, a retail consulting and training company. The leader of the company, Harry J. Friedman, spoke about how to improve retail sales at a webinar that the company created. This resulted in the company securing a million-dollar deal. The power of a well-selected topic and valuable webinar content should not be underestimated.
- Using branding in graphics and visuals. The way the visual content of a webinar looks is important. Your audience will most likely remember your visuals and if they’re not aesthetically pleasing, they will quickly lose interest or perceive your brand as unprofessional. As well as making sure that the quality of visuals is high, it’s also vital to reflect the branding of the business in the colours and graphics that are chosen.
- Creating a buzz by using social media. If a webinar is going to be successful, it needs to have an audience. Unfortunately, that audience isn’t going to magically show up knocking in your inbox and begging to attend (unless maybe you’re giving away a gift of $100,000 to all participants). You have to dedicate maximum effort into getting the word out there, and social media is one of the best platforms to do so. Probably, you already use social media to promote your business. You should also use it to create a buzz around your webinars, so that people want to attend them.
Next time you plan to hold a webinar, think about what you can do to enhance the experience through webinar branding. You can use some of the tips covered here to help your audiences truly engage and interact with you. This way, your message can stick and you can reap real rewards from your creative initiatives.
Webinar branding is the best way to give your audience insight into your product or service. Also, it’s a great way to inspire them to act on your desired goals as well as the benefits of your business. The results will show how much engagement you’re able to garner through your call-to-actions because that’s the only sure way to measure the success of your webinar branding efforts. When you are able to track an increase in metrics such as your brand awareness, online following and lead generation, then you can be confident that your efforts have not been in vain.
MyOwnConference.com | Register and get your best experience with us!