Building brand awareness is a vital consideration for any business that wants to flourish in a crowded market place. Creating improved awareness of your brand helps you to increase the number of leads that your business has which in turn helps to increase sales and profits.
You may have heard that webinars can help you to build brand awareness. Let’s examine why this is the case and how you can make webinar branding.
Understanding brand awareness
To fully realise how webinars can help your business with building brand awareness, you need to have an understanding of the concept of brand awareness itself. In basic terms, brand awareness concerns how many people know about your business and what it has to offer. The better your brand awareness is, the more people are likely to engage with your business. Hosting a webinar is a proven method to help your business to improve its brand awareness levels.
Why are webinars so useful in building brand awareness?
Webinars are a cost effective means of building brand awareness because they are affordable and relatively easy to organise. They are also hugely valuable when it comes to creating leads for your business; an essential aspect of raising brand awareness levels. More specifically, here are some of the reasons why webinars are so valuable when it comes to building brand awareness.
Time is well spent
You may have to put a few hours of effort into creating a high performing webinar but the returns that you get are impressive. You have a tool that you can use to communicate with a global audience in real time and that you can record to keep informing new audiences going forward.
The webinar concept is simple
While you do need to think hard about factors like suitable content and equipment for your webinar, the actual concept is fairly simple. You also have access to webinar tools from platforms such as MyOwnConference, so that creating an interactive webinar is made easy for you. The concept is equally attractive for your audience who have the opportunity to learn and expand their horizons while only having to invest an hour or less of their time.
Webinars are attractive to different types of audience
One of the most important benefits of using webinars to increase brand awareness is that they can be used no matter what type of audience your business is aiming to attract and what your objectives are. For instance, you can:
- Build new leads.
- Target a specific new audience.
- Inform current customers about aspects of the business and its expertise.
An example of this effectiveness is the joint venture between Intel and GE which saw them informing care facilities about ways to better care for residents while also improving revenue opportunities. They focussed webinars on sales-ready leads, leads that needed nurturing and unqualified leads. Their webinars continue to be successful and valued.
You can see the value of using webinars to build brand awareness. Now, you need to understand how to make this happen.
How to brand your webinar
Webinar branding consists of two main features:
- a branded banner and logo. You can attach to the registration process and also use to customize the invitation emails;
- branded materials. For example, slides, screens, boards, backgrounds, gear, or other items you will use to reinforce your messages.
Taking your marketing or promotional strategy to the next level through the use of webinars requires that they are branded. Incorporating marketing tools and techniques into your webinar is the best way to get some brand recognition. Non-branded webinars tend to make less of an impact on an audience that those which are branded.
Although having a branded logo or watermark on your webinar presentation slides is a good way to leave impressions on the viewers’ minds, it is even more important to ensure that your brand is actually indicative of the message, company, product, or service.
This means that the values that your brand represents should be conveyed in your brand colors, fonts, images, and so forth. You have to think about whether your branding conveys your message effectively by incorporating the elements which truly bring your vision and message to life. If your branded webinar does not stand out and is not unique, then chances are it will not be as effective as it otherwise would be if all those elements are well thought out.
Most webinar software tools allow you to create a new look for your webinar so that it doesn’t feel or look generic. Often you can customize the webinar and add your brand elements by uploading images, logos and incorporating customized design features.
Other properties that you can include:
- cover images which you can use on emails and the registration page;
- company logos which will also appear on your emails and page;
- color schemes you can add to your backgrounds and headers.
Tips for creating webinar content that works
You can see how you should go about using webinars to build brand awareness. Here are some additional tips to help you to do this more effectively.
- Use the natural voice of you and your business. You want your audience to understand what you and your brand stand for so it’s important to be natural.
- Choose topics that resonate with your audience. An example of this is The Friedman Group, a retail consulting and training company. The leader of the company Harry J. Friedman spoke about how to improve retail sales at a webinar that the company created. This resulted in the company securing a million dollar deal.
- Using branding in graphics and visuals. The way the visual content of a webinar looks is important. As well as making sure that the quality of visuals is high, it’s also vital to reflect the branding of the business in the colours and graphics that are chosen.
- Creating a buzz by using social media. If a webinar is going to be successful, it needs to have an audience. You probably already use social media to promote your business. You should also use it to create a buzz around your webinars, so that people want to see them.
Next time think about what you can do to enhance the experience through webinar branding. You can use some of the tips covered here to help your audiences truly engage and interact with you. So your message can stick and you can reap real rewards from your creative initiatives.
Webinar branding is the best way to give your audience insight into your product or service. Also, it’s a great way to inspire them to act upon your desired goals, the benefit of your business and your webinar attendees. The results will show how much engagement you’re able to garner through your call-to-actions because that’s the only sure way to measure the success of your webinar branding efforts.